Monday, August 5, 2013

Eat Your Veggies!

Is late, on a Sunday and I am starving! I have been cleaning the house and gone to the grocery store to get my basics for the week. But, I still have a little energy to cook a light dinner solo ( Andrew my boyfriend had a lovely meal with his family) So what to cook, fast? vegetables. Again, these can be boring when you keep making the same recipe so I grabbed my yellow zucchinis and summer squash, rainbow kale, tomatoes and hey I need some protein so I'll warm up some black beans.

Now, I am not a bean eater, at all but I have tried this recipe from the William Sonoma site.The black bean tacos (vegetarian) are delicious, and the way the beans taste sounded like a perfect substitute for lean meats. When it comes down to spices, I like to flirt with something new every time so I got fennel seeds which has a delicate flavor; light and sweet, similar to anise. Is used in Italian food and also Chinese food.

So, hey.. vegetables are not always boring, even when they are just cooked in olive oil or coconut oil ( I sauteed the rainbow kale in coconut oil) The more colorful your plate is, the best is for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment