Monday, November 4, 2013

Caramelized Turnips and Dill

I have been gone for a while...but I am back, and I hope not to abandon you again. Between school, work, our dog Lucy, the change of season, and lack of intensive of my part by not believing on my blogging abilities. I got a  raise of 'hope' and decided to keep documenting my recipes.


Listening to Jamie Cullum (who I met a few years ago) talented musician, piano player, excellent English accent, etc. Got me into the groove of fall and what the nature has to offer in this gorgeous season.

You'll need:
-Turnips (peeled and washed)
*think of turnips as potatoes, so if you are cooking for 4 people, use 2 medium size turnips per person.
-Fresh dill
-4 tablespoons of organic brown sugar 
-Sea salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil

In a medium saucepan, add the tablespoon of olive oil and warm up the oil with a medium heat. Add the clean, peeled turnips cut in cubes or diced and let them golden. When turnip have acquire this crisp and golden outer, carefully sprinkle the brown sugar. I start with small amounts so the sugar sticks to the turnip not the pan. 
When you have used all the sugar make sure you keep turning the turnips, let them sit on the pan and in a beautiful plate for serving, place the turnips and add the dill. 
Optional sauce for turnips: In a mixing bow, put 3 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt, add a little drops of lemon juice, mix well and add a few capers for a burst of flavors. Sour and sweet is always a good combination! 




Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment