Wednesday, July 17, 2013

French Pie (my version)

Living with my boyfriend has thought me a few lessons in life, especially in the cooking world. When he craves pizza, I ambition this recipe but in his mind really he would go to the frozen isle and call it good. After all is 450 degrees for 18 minutes right?
Well this pizza which is what I crave and it takes me 20 minutes at 350 degrees, and taste a lot better!

What you will need:

  1. Boboli Whole Wheat Thin  Pizza Crust 12" (or preferred )
  2. 1 pear
  3. 1/2 of white onion
  4. 1 cup of brie cheese
  5. 2 tbsp of brown sugar
  6. 1 cup of arugula
  7. turkey breast or chicken (I go to the butcher and have him cut me 'sandwich' slices of a smoked turkey fully cooked)
  8. olive oil/ S&P
In a medium heat pan add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil until warm. Cut the 1/2 onion in thing slices and do the same with the pear. Add the onion and pear to the pan, saute until soften. Now, you can caramelize them by adding the 2 tbsp of brown sugar until it is melted. 

In a cookie sheet place the  pizza crust and spread in an uniform way the turkey and brie which I cut in 2x1 inch pieces. Add the caramelized pear and onion and place it in the oven (follow the package instructions for cooking time). ** In the image below I added mushrooms as well before I place in the oven.

You can now place a hand full of arugula in the top and also pine nuts, caramelized pecans or even walnuts for extra crunch. 

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment