Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mini Ravioli Chicken Pesto

The day after I made the pesto, I went to Trader Joe's some items and landed in the pasta isle. I usually get the  orecchiette pasta which is a must for me because you only need to cook a small portion to make a bigger meal. I use this for pasta salads or as a main entree with sauteed tomatoes, peppers and arugula.
This time I got the mini cheese ravioli to go with the pesto and some chicken for protein.

For this recipe you will need (serves 4):

  • Mini Cheese Ravioli (or preferred pasta)
  • Shitake Mushrooms (it ads great taste to the chicken)
  • A chicken breast
  • olive oil
Cook the ravioli as indicated in the bag. While the ravioli is cooking, in a medium heat pan add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the chicken breast cut in small pieces. as soon as the chicken begins to cook, add the shitake mushroom in pieces. Season with alt and pepper to your taste,  I didn't because the pesto was already well seasoned. Add a  big wood spoon of pesto (you previously made the day before). You can not add too much or too little, so estimate by coloring of the chicken.




 By the time you already added the pesto to the chicken and it is all cooked, the ravioli should be ready. Drain the water off the pasta and mix with the chicken (I added the ravioli to the pan where I was cooking the chicken) You can do the opposite way as well. Because I wanted to warm up some baguette for dinner I left the pan on 'warm' heat so keep the entree, well..warm.


I found this Garlic & Herb butter at Trader Joe's (yes, love that place) and I highly recommend this for your warm baguette at dinner. 






No comments:

Post a Comment