Monday, July 1, 2013

White Bean dip

Throughout the years I learned from my mother that one should always have an 'aperitif' to serve to in a dinner party or an unexpected visit (besides a glass of wine or cold glass of Pellegrino). Since I moved away from home, I always keep in the my house; assorted crackers and a few cans of garbanzo and white beans  because they will no expire soon.
On a blender add:

  • 1 can of rinsed white bean or garbanzo bean
  • 2 tablespoons of  chopped cilantro
  • 1  tablespoon of olive oil
  • a pinch of salt 
  • squeeze a few drops of lemon juice
  • 1 or 2 garlic cloves 
** You can also add to the mix roasted red peppers.

Mix well and voilĂ ! serve on a dipping bowl, sprinkle some black pepper and a few drops of olive oil aside of pita bread , celery, fresh peppers or crackers. Simple, fast, healthy and tasty. 







No comments:

Post a Comment